Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood



   There is just something about the sunshine. I was looking out the window this morning & saw a mom walking down the sidewalk with a red wagon that had a top over it and two little tykes riding inside. I let her get a ways from the house so she didn't think I was staring at her and poked my nose out the door and discovered a beautiful day. I was instantly happy, not that I wasn't happy before, I just all of the sudden felt as though my soul had windows. . .  & I couldn't help but think of Lizzy. I suppose she is up there running around & all of her days are sunshine. Wouldn't it be fun if there was a little bridge from here to heaven & she could come & have a play-date with sister? We miss her so much,but the fact remains that we do not do the choosing, and even though sometimes it stabs your heart and you have a moment of panic wondering if you will ever get over it, you have to. So you have no choice but to crawl out of the black hole that you momentarily fell into and go about your life.

   . . .  and we have this beautiful little lady here with us now. At night when she is sleeping we stare at her in fascination, it's hard to remember the 2 pound & something little baby she used to be. She has done fabulous inspite of what life has thrown to her. I could ramble about  her for days. Silly mom thing. J & I look at each other and say "Man is she cute" about 17 hundred times a day. We are broken records. After her nap, I think we will go on a walk around the park. You think if we fed the ducks she would catch on? Here  she is "sleeping" fooling no one.


No comments:

Post a Comment