Thursday, October 20, 2011

Wrong Side Of Bed. . .

. . .  I do realize that this is supposed to be about the "ALLISON TWINS" but I'm going to let you in on my seriously weird day. It wasn't a wrong side of bed because of my mood, but because I can't seem to get anything right:)
  Yesterday I drove home to see my hubby (because it seems I never see him any more) so I was in McPherson overnight. We walked to Lizzy's grave, Josh had planted one of the mums we got at the funeral, beside her. It is really cute & makes us feel better to have something there. I didn't ever think I was a flower person until the night I walked into church & beside Lizzy were all these beautiful flowers. It made everything seem better somehow, so I decided I am a flower person after all.
  So back to the original subject; I guess I will number my "misshaps" because there is no other way to do it.
# 1 I left home this morning and realized it was day, which meant the sun was shining & I had no sunglasses so I turned around ran back inside & couldn't find them anywhere. I went back to the car & there they were right beside me in the passenger seat where I had left them.
# 2 Stopped at Save-n-share in hopes of finding some cheap sweaters because it is so cold at the hospital. It seemed like each one I looked at slid right off of the hanger and into a heap on the floor. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't pick them up. So if you go in there and see them think of me. In the future I intend to always pick them up.
# 3 Had to get gas because the light was on. Drove up to the pump, swiped the card, pulled out the nozzle, & realized the tank is on the other side. So I look around and of course the place is jam-packed & everyone & their dog is looking at me. So I get back in the car, turn it around to the correct side, re-swipe the card pull out the nozzle & nothing happens. After which the lady inside starts talking to me over the speaker (volumn was on high) & I couldn't understand a thing she said. So out she comes & informs me that I actually have to "select" which fuel I want. Who selects fuel? Not me.
# 4 Had to go cash a check at the bank. I put it in the silver drawer, they pull it in and directly shove it back out. You actually have to endorse checks in order to get cash. Never mind that for 2 years now I've worked at a bank & have repeated over & over that you must endorse your check.
# 5 I'm headed back to KC & my stomach starts growling. So I decide to eat at Taco Bell hoping they don't cook with the huge amounts of grease that McDucks does. I order my 3 tacos and water drive to the nearest window & pay for my food. The lady hands me my change along with my water, & I proceed to the second window, only there is no second window. So I peek in my rear-view mirror only to see the poor Taco-Bell lady with her handy little visor on, hanging half of herself out of the window with my tacos, hollering at me. Of course there were people behind me so I just kept driving. When I got to the other side, there she was storming across the parking lot with my "bag" of food. She looked at me rather oddly. I suppose I do look like a freak.
  So after more than one thing going wrong, I decided to go to Chenn & Gary's where I'm staying (thank-you to them) to hopefully allow my brain to recoop and get the few good parts back in order before I go up & see Olly. That little lady has no idea what sort of a mom she has. Thank goodness her dad seems to be much more normal.
  Speaking of Olly. . . she is now 3 lbs. 11 oz. so she is still getting bigger:) They said hopefully on Sunday we can start bottle feeding the little squirt. So it will be interesting to see how that goes. She is doing quite well, much to Josh & I's delight. Thanks again for praying for our little family. .
  You all have a wonderful evening. . .

2 comments:

  1. hey been thinkin of u guys alot lately and prayin for u had to laugh at the taco lady hope ur day goes good 2morrow (ur little girl is absolutly adorable) jessi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, SueVaun. I knew there was a reason we're friends. :P (Only, I don't have a husband or kid yet, so what's MY excuse!?!?!)

    ReplyDelete