Saturday, October 22, 2011

My First Bottle. . .

My first try. . .
Burping. . .

After the fact. . .

My new outfit from Daddy
. . . . So it is WAY past this mommy's bedtime, but I had to share this with the world at large, whoever you may be. Our tiny little 3 pound 15 ounce child had her first bottle this evening. Josh & I were both terrified after all the things they told us that preemie's "could" do with their first attempt at real feeding. The nurse just nonchalantly grabbed little miss Olly out of her bed smacked her on her knee & proceeded to give her the bottle. It took her a little bit to realize that you have to suck, swallow, & breathe in order for the whole situation to work. I thought it would take forever & that she would MAYBE get a few drops, but to our surprise she attacked that bottle with vigor. We had to keep pulling it out of her mouth because she went at it so fast it would have been down in a second. So she really is our daughter, now that we realize how much she loves food:) ! !  I figure she'll be sharing my burger any day now.
    My silly little family :)

    1 comment:

    1. We are so proud of her- she a smart little girl!-- Kathy & GreW

      ReplyDelete