Tuesday, September 6, 2011

The Perks of Baking My Mo-Mo's

   Here I am eating crackers ( from Kim & Tom & their adorable family ) & drinking a suicide . . that's what the nurses call my drink that I now have to have every night before bed. It is cranberry & apple juice mixed. You may think that's funny and not very creative, but keep in mind I do not have many resources. As I sit in my bed that makes noises every few seconds. If you move any at all it airs up in that spot in order to keep from getting bedsores. The life of an invalid is a rather strange thing, but as my title sugests there are some good things. House Keeping comes every morning and mops my floor, gets the dirty towels, takes out the trash, AND cleans the toilet. I just sit here and grin, because even cooler than those things, is the fact that kitchen staff washes my dirty dishes. I have kissed orange & green anti-bacterial palm olive soap goodbye for awhile. Don't miss it a bit. And last but not least, my husband has also turned into a maid, ( not sure what the "man" term for maid is? ) but that's what the poor boy is. Now my next little ramble is absolutely funny to me, I have laughed most of the day over it, and I'm trying to remember if there are any men out there that read my "blog" if so, you may want to quit reading right here. So to the ladies: I realized 2 days ago that i was in desperate need of a stick of Burt's Bees ( chapstick ) and that I had almost ran out of ( pads ) & what's a girl to do when she is holed up & cannot go to Wal-Mart? So I sent Josh. After driving it into his brain the exact kind, style, shape, & size of this much needed item, I sent him on his way. Apparently, after a trip report from the man himself, it didn't go as smoothly as it could have. After doing a couple drive-by trips he figured out where the things were, & finally got the nerve to put some in the cart, after which he speedily went to the cereal aisle to pack boxes around them! ! ! This is where it gets the funniest. . . he decided to go to self-check out hoping no one would realize what he was purchasing, but the silly little things would not scan, and there was a line behind him, so he sent a look over to the girl standing there and of course she was watching him, ( I would have been ! ) and rescued him from his plight. I asked him just how many he had grabbed & he said " four, hoping I would never have to buy them again" He called me after the fact and he had barely survived the whole ordeal. He's pretty sure they need to improve bar codes on those things. I haven't laughed that hard in ages, I think these little girls thought I had completely lost it. The joys of being alive.

  On a more serious note, my mom spent most of the day here, chattering a mile a minute :) Then our neighbors stopped by and Daddy came up. . . & once again the girls had a good day.They have a new game they play & as all of you know, that have had a child in your belly, they think it is great fun to jam a foot behind the rib cage. Don't know why that is so much fun. I can't believe we're almost to hit the 2 week mark up here at the hospital. Thank-you to everyone who is thinking of us and praying, we will forever remember & appreciate it. Sweet Dreams to all and to all a Good Night.

2 comments:

  1. Omg this is my favorite post so far-----sorry Josh! I read this to Matt and we were both laughing so hard, I had tears in my eyes. Girl, you should write a book, you have a way with words!!!! Yeah, 2 weeks down! Love the positive spin on your situation-----God is good!!!! Luv ya sis-in- law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha--loved the story!

    ReplyDelete