Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Story Time

 My sister called me yesterday at about 5:30, she sounded half faint/worried/weird.

Sister: Is your phone on speaker?
Me: Uh, nope.
Sister: Is Josh home?
Me: Yep.
My mind: Sister is Pregnant!!!!!
Sister: Is everything ok at your house??
My mind: Yes of course, except for the 4 piles of laundry, the two little kiddos who need to be feed, the grease splattered all over the stove top, the flowers that need watered, etc. etc.
Me: Yes it's ok over here, WHY?????

  Turns out she wasn't pregnant. Apparently the little home-town McPherson Sentinel, that was delivered to the door steps on Tuesday, August 12th, twenty-fourteen, proclaimed that my husband was arrested late Saturday night at 11:30-something.

  Excuse me while I choke. That very same man was eating all MY rosemary-garlic Pretzel thins at approximately 11 that very saturday night. At first I laughed loudly.

  Yep, arrested for a DUI & hallucinating/hallucinagenatory/(how do you spell that anyhoo????) Drug use.
Now let me insert this, I do not think such a thing is funny, except the man doesn't drink, nor does he do drugs. . . ( are you kidding me????? I have to pull his teeth to let the kiddos take tylenol, wouldn't want something UN-NATURAL in their little bodies, now would we? ) So this is why I got a teeny tiny kick out of the whole deal.

  On a more serious note . . .

  He calls the sheriffs office to discover why in the world his name is in the paper, under the police log. They
tell him they will call him back. Somebody calls my (arrested) Joshua back, to inform him that they did in fact arrest a Joshua Allison on saturday night, except he was from a different town than McPherson. The man told Josh, It appears someone else has your name!!!!! You talk about creepy. That Josh is supposedly 32 and his middle initial is also D. What in the scary lary????????? Makes me wonder if we shouldn't be naming our babies #1, #2, #3, #178 zillion?

  It's one of those things that make you just stare out the window with your mouth hanging open.

  So for those of you that know our silly craZy clan, but don't have the nerve to ask us when you see us in Wal-Mart, take heart. . . we are not doing drugs. Josh was not arrested. He was at our house August 9th, 2014 merely eating all my crackers.

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to your post. My situation revolved around social media and someone posting they saw my husband arrested for DUI and thrown in a police car last night. The thing about it, like you, he was sitting next to me all night because we were planning a huge surprise party for our parents that week in our house.

    Kim Hunter @ KHunterLaw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! What a coincidence. Reminds me of the time my Dad showed up in the newspaper...in the Obituaries section! Since he was the one who found it, he showed it to us and we all had a good laugh though. Guy had the same name, even middle name, as him! Dad clipped it out and kept it in his wallet.

    Eliseo Weinstein @ JR's Bail Bonds

    ReplyDelete