Friday, July 11, 2014

That Bee

Really Wonky Hair-do

Had a playdate at the park
& Mr. Bodie got a hold of a little
ladie's doll.







Last winter sometime, I got the huge
desire to grow some Zinnia's.
They have got to be one of my favorite
in the large flower family.
I have this silly little dream that
one day I'll have an acre or two
just plum full of zinnia's.
Then when I go somewhere
or my buddy has a birthday, I'll pop the
kids into the red wagon and off we'll go to gather
flowers. Josh will water them. At any
rate I'm in love with the few that I
have this year.





Now about that bee. Olivia Deane 

had 
bee
in 
her 
bonnet
today.
ALL
DAY.

I'm not talking about one of those fuzzy cutsy little buzzing
bees. No-sirree-bob. A loud frantic scurrying bee. Hornet. Wasp
Call it whatever you want. The morning started out fine but
her good mood went right down the toilet. She wouldn't eat lunch,
wouldn't eat supper. . . .
DRINK??????
Who drinks????
NAP?????
Who naps????
Sit on the chair??
Stand in the standing table???

Merciful heavenly days. This toddler stage is for the birds.
I'm really not a fan. We all know she has Cerebral Palsy. So 
then on these days I start thinking. . . is something malfunctioning?
Did something happen when I wasn't looking? Did she forget how to eat?
Why did she like me yesterday, only to REALLY dislike me on July 11?

She screamed so hard I couldn't hear myself think. Got so stiff I couldn't
hold her. Turned bright red. Like 68 times.

Fast Forward to Josh getting home at 8:30. He walks into the bedroom 
where she is stiff and screaming, picks her up, plunks her in his lap.
5 minutes later that bottle was drained, preceeded by her happy face.
I just stared at her. You just remember next time you see her in 
public and she looks like she might not be participating. Well
she is. She has just as many opinions as you, my friend.
It alarms me. That child has stumped me for sure.

Meanwhile, Bodie uses everything as a drum. His favorite thing
is the dishwasher. . .he also deems it neccessary to taste test 
each and every rock on this place. Today I found him digging
in the trash, out came my old pop can and he was desperately
trying to drink it. 

Now I'm going to go to sleep. I will dream feverishly for 7 hours,
and then the cycle  will start over.

No comments:

Post a Comment