Thursday, October 3, 2013

To My Little Girl

  It's been two years now since I sat down with a box of kleenex and wrote you a letter. How time flies! But yet we remember you as tho it were yesterday. I'm sure you are happy up there, and I suppose you look just like your sister, she is in fact, very cute. Some things have changed, Daddy and me are wiser, ( we hope) sissy is older, and then we had a little brother, he is blond with blue eyes, and sometimes when he is asleep I look at him and he looks just like you did when you were asleep.
  It's hard to not have you here, How cute would you be bumbling around town with your sister? You'd have fun with Dad, even if he is a giant mess somedays. He still puts his keys and phone and wallet all an inch apart on the kitchen counter, you'd think he used a measuring tape,some things never change. Sister bit his finger the other nite, I heard this loud yelp, followed by muttering. I guess her teeth are sharp.
  Fall is coming now, so the air is crisper, the mums are blooming, and all the yellow ones have your name dancing around them. Life has went on, but you stay in our hearts. There are a few monumental highlights in our life.

 The day the church doors opened and I saw your daddy in his black suit.

The night they showed us two little identical girls.

The morning daddy carried you out of church in your little white box.

 &. . . then the morning we met your squiggly wiggly little brother.

 How we miss you, it has never quite been the same with you gone. The last two days, sissy and bubba have pooped their pants in unison, you suppose you would have joined in? Daddy asked me the other night if I could imagine two little girls that looked exactly the same, I can't imagine :) I suppose it would be way too much "cute" for a person to fathom.
    We want to raise them right, because someday they will want to meet you, so remember us in your prayers, daddy and me make mistakes sometimes, but we try to do it as best we know how. To see you all together will be the crowning moment in our hearts, so while you're up there and we're down here, remember that we love you, we never forget, and we anxiously await the day we get to see your face again.

So. . .not goodbye. . .but just awhile. . .
we love you little girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment