Wednesday, August 15, 2012

After the Rain

   Comes daydreaming & Hibiscus blooms. I was so happy to see those raindrops yesterday I could have cried outloud. . . .  & now today I must do up some peaches. My kitchen will never be the same due to the "sticky" that peaches create. Wish me luck, or even better, drive over & slosh around my kitchen with me.



Chunky Little Miss Olive with her buddy =)

I have decided to start making cupcakes
for people to buy. I'm sure it won't be a booming
business but I just want to have a little
fun here and there.

All packaged up.

Last night when I peeked outdoors, here were my
stubborn Hibiscus plants all full of blooms.
I have talked to them, screamed at them,
watered them until I'm blue in the
face to no avail. Along comes the rain
and that did the trick.

Now, here is where I need help with
the daydreaming part. I have
"inherited" all of these old vintage
hankies & I want to make a quilt, but I have
no idea how to assemble these
little swatches of fabric. I figure the bunny
belongs to the little cherub. I'm about
to get some extra wrinkles in
my forhead over the whole deal. So
bring on the suggestions.

. . . . & last but not least. . .  my craft room floor.
On which I do my dreaming. In the basement was this
ugly little room with blue burbur carpet.
If you have an ugly little room in your
house do not let it go to waste. Simply tear
up the carpet, While your hubby
is at work, sweep up after yourself, and
then scrounge around in the clearance aisle
for already mixed up paint. . .  7$ later
you will have a fun little floor.
Here is where my musings stop, because cherub
has finished her 12 minute wake-up routine, & thinks
she must start the day off by eating. Do little people do anything
else?



P.S. if you want to entertain yourself. . . go to
http://www.missgracieshouse.blogspot.com
& you will be ever so inspired. My sis turned me onto
her "page". I guess she lives not to far from my family (who thinks
they need to live on the moon or further) in Idaho. You
may not find it as entertaining as I do, but after looking at it I felt the
same way as I do right after a cup of coffee, (with a quarter cup of creamer).

3 comments:

  1. Did you have to put photos of those cupcakes where I could see them?

    As to the hankies, somewhere lately I saw how someone had made toddler bloomers out of vintage hankies. Four random hankies to a pair. It was enough to make me run out and adopt a baby girl. Not a quilt, but...

    ReplyDelete
  2. ! ! !That is a good idea. I shall have to give that a shot. I have enough to make our whole family bloomers & a quilt=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could make a cute dress or skirt out of the hankies for the tyke also.

    ReplyDelete