Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bedtime Procrastination

  Well. . . . day before yesterday I made a small observation. . . that is, sis & I definitely needed to get out of this little house of ours before we went completely and totally over the edge. ( Not that we really would have of course ) Sometimes I forget that a "world" really does exsist because I just stay at home. So I packed her up along with the kitchen sink and living room couch & off we sailed to Hobby Lobby. Dad's favorite place in the world I might add:) Nothing like a manly man in a craft store, but he was at work, so he wasn't able to make it, poor him.
   Now, bear, bare, bair, baire, ( which is it? have you ever noticed how often the english language spells one word a hundred different ways? ) with me here because I'm feeding kiddo with one hand & typing with the other. . . but sister was smacking on her pacifier staring at the lights enjoying herself & i was drooling over the hundreds of stamps, wanting one of each, annoyed at the little tags with a big number, when I realized I needed to find a bathroom or pee my pants.

I.
Couldn't.
Find.
One.
Period.

  So, after minutes of misery, I started searching for a Hob-Lob employee vest, and there were none to be found. On Tuesdays there are only customers, so keep that in mind if you ever go shopping there. Meanwhile Josh calls me on his break, & I pour out my predicament to him, at which he tells me they are located in the NW corner of the store. Apparently he thought he had waited on me in that corner some other time I had used the bathroom. I told him I had "driven" by there a bunch of times and they most certainly were NOT there. So I kept searching, and finally found a sweet little lady arranging flower bouquets & she waggles her little finger towards the NW corner of the store. Of course that's where they put the bathrooms. NW corner of the store, makes perfect sense to me. So once again Josh was right, much to my severe annoyance.
   Now, here begins the real challenge. Right in front of my face was the restroom sign, but also in front of my face was a little girl in a car seat in a cart with a purse and some treasures I had picked up along the way. How do you go into a stall that is 4 feet by 4 feet with a kid in a carseat in a cart? That is probably not that clean? So here I am doing the pee dance completely confused. I just decided to go in and, Oh Happy Day, the handicap stall was as big as my house. Saved. Pushed the kid in the carseat in the cart into the stall, start peeing and out comes this wailing nose from her mouth. Pacifier had jumped itself out of her face, & as usual the stalls were all filled up with people. By that time I just wanted to be safely home. But I finished the whole process, pushed the wailing kid to the sink, spied a Hob-Lob vested person drying her hands by the trash can ( amazing how they all pop out of the woodwork once you've found the restroom ) staring at us. She says " Awwww, how old?" I say, 6 months. Then comes the same old story, "man she is so tiny". I ask myself, do I go into the whole nine yards? Or just let her think we have an abnormally small child? I let her think whatever she is thinking & sis & I leave that restroom, that is in the NW corner of the store, in the rearview mirror. Next time, Dad is going whether he does crafts or whether he doesn't.
  Here she is after her big day, desperately trying not to sleep.





No comments:

Post a Comment