Friday, January 20, 2012

The Chunky Child

 Well yesterday was the little ladie's 4 month checkup (where in the scare does the time go?). I was impatiently awaiting the blinking screen on the Drs. scale in hopes she had gotten bigger, ( & I want to get smaller. . . isn't life a paradox?) last month she was 7 lbs. 11 oz. & this month she was 10 lbs. 11 oz. We are ecstatic to say the least. This 2 pound whopper of a child really is growing. This morning when she did her usual "alarm" call, I found her with her legs jammed straight into the crotch area of her sleeper, never mind that there is a place for feet, and & her diaper was 3 inches below her "crack" line. You tell me what these little people do at night. I would like to know. Maybe a night time magical world really does exist. Perhaps Peter Pan whisked her off. Don't tell Dad, he says she isn't having a cell phone until 35 & she's not getting married until 40-ish. She has no idea what she is in for, but I'm sure when it comes to these two, I will be sufficiently entertained in my future. She is currently laying on her belly & she spit out the pacifier & then started wailing because it didn't "walk" its way back into her mouth. Anyhoo. . .she has started rolling over & smiling like crazy. The other day I made a complete fool out of myself trying to get her to smile, didn't get it accomplished & then Dad came home & 3 seconds later she was smiling like a chessy cat at the man. Now I will get off my soap box and show you some pics. . .

Trying to get somewhere. . .

This is hard work. . .

. . . & she has no idea that she just
rolled over. It was the first time I actually
caught her in the act.

Nap time.

Trying to say my piece.

See how cool I am?

1 comment:

  1. Ha! My dad said the same thing, pretty much. And look at me. So glad your li'l sugar snap pea is growing!

    ReplyDelete