Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dress Up Day

  Hello to all. I was thinking maybe I could start "blogging" again :) Thanks to everyone of you for your support in all the many different ways. Josh, Olly & I will never be able to thank each and everyone of you properly. So from the bottom of our hearts we want you to know how much it all means. You never want to have a funeral, but Lizzy's was lovely. When you go through something like that, you realize how much you need God. He seemed so close that day, there was a part of me that wanted to pack up my little family & go with her, but I guess it's not our time yet. It scares me to think of "normal" life just going on without her. I never want to forget her or the peaceful feeling we've had with all that's went on.

    Now about sis. . . I never thought I was a "girly" girl, but I think I may have been telling myself a story. Yesterday we got to dress her up in her little Preemie outfit, and I can't remember ever having so much fun. She just laid there like it was something that happened every day of her life. Altho I will say that getting that minature hand through the sleeve hole made me sweat bullets, I thought sure as the world I'd yank her whole arm out of the socket. She just kept laying there trying to cram her fingers in her mouth. She has no idea that she is a preemie, she acts like she was born at a completely normal size. She loves to watch everything that goes on, her head bobs back and forth from one side to the other staring at the sides of her isolette that hasn't changed for thirty-some odd days now. She weighs a whole 3 pounds & 2 ounces. So to us she seems substantially bigger.

 So. . . . here she is right after we got her clothes on:) If only I could copy & paste & whatever all it is that you do, I would get my scary face off of there. The white thing on her face is a white patch in the shape of a heart to keep her from yanking off her feeding tube. It is her favorite past time.

What are you doing to me?

4 comments:

  1. You both look great to me! Looks like you won the wrestling match. She is so precious - tell her Happy One Month Birthday tomorrow. Tell we love her, too. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, so good to see you again and your tot. I see she doesn't have your hair yet, but hopefully that will come yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWW!! Yay! <3 Glad you're getting to play dress up and glad to see you back on the blog!! :D

    ReplyDelete