Monday, September 19, 2011

The Two Little Angels. . .

 . . . are here. Of course I think they are perfect. Don't we all think our children are perfect? So much has happened since my last "blog" that I'm not sure where to start. One hour after I posted the last one, I decided to take a shower, and after that shower our whole world changed, and we didn't have to make any decision at all. God made it for us. At 11:00 P.M. both of the girl's heartrates started decelling, & I knew something was wrong. They hadn't ever went that low and stayed low for that long of a period of time. So Josh kept running out in the hall, (thank goodness he was still there, my worst fear was that he would be in Tim-buk-tu) & the nurse kept coming in and making calls and going back out. . .finally Dr. Grennan ( a good looking blond headed woman, with the coolest hat in the world) came in and asked if I was ok with her calling Dr. Farley. We knew if we called him, he would say deliver. So deliver it was. Aren't epiderals the epitome of a good time?  Josh was dressed in blue, & I have no idea what I was wearing. There were enough people in there to have a Thanksgiving dinner. It was nuts.

  At 12:38 Olivia Deane was born and at 12:39 Elizabeth Deane was close on her tail. . . I had never seen such cute tiny humans in the same room in my life.

  I could ramble for the next couple of pages, but I'm sure most of you have heard it at some time. Olly is still at Wesley & Lizzy is at Children's Mercy in Kansas City. I didn't realize right away that this hospital was in Missouri, so now we have a baby in Kansas and a baby in Missouri. Kind of a crazy feeling. They are doing good. It's hard for us to believe that we have two babies. From the beginning we have heard so much bad news & now we have them both. We still have a long road to travel, but we've been blessed with them for almost a week now. Lizzy has quite a few surgeries in her future, bless her heart, I wish I could have them for her :( but she is in God's hands. He's been with her & her sis this whole time. These hospitals are fantastic. . . the nurses are amazing, which makes it easier to leave them. I don't know which is my favorite, I think they even out in the long run. Children's Mercy is only children, so everything is little fish, or bright animals, or pink castle elevators, or pictures that other children have colored, & even the parking garage is labeled yellow submarine, red rocket, or blue balloon, or something like that. It's pretty cheerful.

  Today we are to have a meeting with the surgeon's about our little Lizzy, and then we will probably go back to see Olly. So pray for our little ladies. . . I want to thank each and everyone of you. Everyone has been amazing in so many ways. Josh & I feel unworthy of it all. We hope you are blessed and someday you can recieve what you have given. Love to you all. . . & more later :) J & S & Olly & Lizzy. . .

1 comment:

  1. Awwwwww!! I cannot wait to see these little girls. I just want to cuddle all of you! (Which I know is impossible and might be a little creepy for Josh...) Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete