Friday, September 9, 2011

Day of Monitoring

   What did we do today? We monitored. From 7:55 a.m until a little before 8 p.m. Baby A decided to start going up and down so we were on the monitor here on the 4th floor until about 2:30 then off to labor & delivery for the rest of the time. These girls are going to make me gray before I physically see them. I don't see how all these mom's have survived. So I will tell all of you that have children, you have my utmost respect & admiration:) And let me take a moment to whine & complain. Who in the world invented hospital gowns? Seriously, there is nothing attractive or comfortable about those things. Not a huge fan of my back side hanging out in the big world. Oh well they say put it on, & I put it on. Once we went downstairs they decided to start behaving a little better. They ordered a sonogram to be done, the usual cord dopplars on both & then see how much they've grown. 2 weeks ago at Farley's office, "A" was 2 lbs. & 3 oz. and "B" was 1 lb. 4 oz. . . When she measured them this evening "A" was 2 lbs. 14 oz. and "B" was 2 lbs. 8 oz. . .  I was delighted to hear they had grown so much. I didn't think they would have. Also "B" is not as far behind her as she was, she must have started a gaining weight competition, and I'm perfectly ok with that:) "B" kicks the monitor all day long, she is one case of a child, her kicks are so ferocious, she usually knocks her sister off as well as herself. The nurses spend all of their time chasing her around. Not sure where you can go in a belly. . .

   That pretty much sums up our day, we got back to the room, I stood in the shower for a really long time, it was amazing. Josh is going to stay up here with me tonite. . . we are like an old married couple, each in our own twin bed:)

    You all have a good weekend. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment