Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Station 25 and the city called Jericho




















So the wild unruly Redwood Forest has always been my place, but there is another place, emerging up from the sand. It is none other than Station 25, right there on Sullivans Island. I feel God there. If that is even the correct way to say it, since He is everywhere, rather I should say, I understand better, just how much grace He gives out, over and over and over.

I love it, these children love it, and if you ever come to visit us, rest assured, we will most likely take you there. Olivia is loving school, she has a good group of ladies in her class, she laughs and cackles when Mr. Edwin gets in trouble, don't ask me why. Bodie is also doing good, he is loving school, trouble is the getting ready part, I found him getting ready under his blanket the other day because he didn't want Jesus to see him naked, so there's that. Lills is also doing good. She's the bow on top of this present I call my family.

Today, I read in streams from the desert, and old book my mom discovered, it hits the nail on the head with me so very often. It started off with a verse from Joshua chapter 6. It's an unusual story. Following was a short devotional, and then this little poem,

Faith can never reach it's consummation
Till the victor's thankful song we raise;
In the glorious city of salvation,
God has told us all our gates are praise.

Altho beautiful, I couldn't comprehend what it meant, so then I read the entire chapter of Joshua 6. and then I did my breakfast dishes. Shortly thereafter, it hit me. 

Faith and Praise !!!!

It's what we have to do to get thru the battle. They marched 6 days, and even tho nothing changed, they got up the next day, and kept marching. Then, on the 7nth day they shouted. God tore down those walls, He defeated the city. Now, bare in mind, they didn't shout after the walls came down, they shouted before the walls came down. in the battle against our flesh, we need two very important weapons, faith and praise. Faith, because God has said the battles been won, Jesus hung on that cross for the sin that is mine. Praise, because we are standing on Holy Ground, Praise because that is what we were made to do. God will tear down walls, He'll conquer cities, He'll fight your battle.



No comments:

Post a Comment