Sunday, August 20, 2017

A Prayer


      Dear God,

    Tonight I needed to ramble a bit before heading to bed. First of all, thank you for people. All of us down here are interesting, really really interesting, and as much as I love the smell of the pines embedded in the mountains, and the crash of the waves over my toes, I just have to say, humans are even greater. Thank you for the chance to live on this globe with all of your children. I miss my uncle, he's with you now, but every day I miss him and his insatiable love for life. There will never be another like him. Oh, and thank you for my friend in Florida, she sent my soul soaring tonight. Thank you for grace and mercy, and the opportunity to be washed white as snow. My feeble mind cannot fathom the beauty of salvation. And how I love my children. I know they are yours, in reality, but I call them mine. They make me feel so tired some days, but when I stop to look in their face, I feel as tho you have outdone yourself in creating them. Their unconditional love for me is something I can't even explain. It bubbles up from somewhere that I do not know about. And my hubs, he is something grand, so thank you for him also. Forgive me, for so often I mess up...I don't like it much, but it happens. Help us all down here to love each other, to admire the beauty of creation, and to always always have faith that moves mountains.

                                       Amen.






                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment