Saturday, November 5, 2011

I couldn't resist. . . .

. . . . . taking these pictures. Sis had just fallen asleep
after taking her "bottle". . .

They have decided to start getting her to eat only by mouth and
no NG tube. Exciting but yet scary. It's so nerve-wracking to teach
a "preemie" to eat. She does fantastic for her size, you just have to
remind her that breathing is essential in ths thing we
call life:)
Wednesday the NICU charge nurse walked up & said
we were taking little missy to 3 Henson.
I was panicked.
I know it sounds silly to want to stay in NICU. . .
but that is the only place our girls have ever been, &
I couldn't imagine leaving.
Plus I think we were attached to that spot because of our dear
Lizzy.
But away we went.
Olly slept through the whole thing, she was clueless.
3 Henson is were kids go that are getting ready
to go home:) So that's the good news.
She's here now to grow & get the hang of having
to actually "eat" . . . wish I had
that problem. She weighs 5 pounds now.
I thought that day would never come, but it looks like
she's on the verge of being to long
for her preemie outfits.
Hospital noises & food & Florescent lights &
tiled  floors are driving Josh & me completely craZy.
If we ever have another little person,
the Docs are coming to 759 east Euclid
in their scrubs to do whatever it is that they
need to do. . . & IF THEY EVEN THINK of bringing
a monitor, I will throw that thing out if the window
so fast you won't even see it in the air. So that's
how I feel. Thanks for the ear. And now to you
all. . . .

. . . Sweet lovely dreams & Goodnyt.

No comments:

Post a Comment